I LOVE shopping for school supplies, and I love organizing my backpack and packing it with lots of stuff to help me study.
I think shopping for school supplies just makes me feel so organized and like I’m ready to take the year head-on!
Also, if you forget something, don’t worry! Your school store will have everything you need, and it’s fun to go shopping for cute pens/pencil cases/binders with your friends the first week of school.
Here is my list of everything I keep in my college backpack:
- I’ve been using a custom Kappa Puma backpack (one of my sorority sister’s dad works at Puma) but I may switch to another one since I’ve had this one for a while.
- I’ve been eyeing this Tumi backpack for a long time, and have a list of my favorite backpacks in all price ranges here.
- Folders – for classes that I’m only graded bases off of exams, I use folders to keep my practice exams/practice problems/exams in and then keep a separate notebook filled with notes (since folder take up A LOT less room than binders
- Binders – for classes that have a lot of practice tests, weekly assignments, etc. I use binders and normally keep them at home.
- Notebooks – for technical classes (Chem, Calc, Stats, Bio) I use notebooks since there are lots of equations that can be hard to put on the computer. I like using one-subject notebooks for each class and then switching them out at the end of the semester.
- Dropbox – I take all of my non-technical notes in Word and then upload them to Dropbox. I love Dropbox because:
- All of the files show up on my computer as if they were on my hard-drive (you can’t do this on Google Drive)
- I can also access the documents on school computers in the library when I need to print something
- Black pens – I buy a huge pack of pens at the beginning of every year so that all of my notes looks the same
- Colored pens – to underline important things in my notes or to draw diagrams – love these by Stabilo
- Black sharpies – to label your boxes, draw out a house-cleaning chart, or draw on your sleeping friend’s face
- Pencil case – keeps your pens from floating around in your packpack
- Post-it notes – to mark important quotes in books (I use this tactic when writing research papers)
- Flash cards – the absolute best way to study
- Highlighters – before exams I create a HUGE study guide document that has all of my class notes/practice problems on it and I highlight any areas that I’m not sure about so that I can clarify these concepts with my professor
- S’well bottle – I literally don’t leave home without it (check out my lemon water post here)
- Eos lip balm – much needed in Ithaca winters!
- Apple Airpods
- RX Bar – once my stomach wakes up in the morning I get super hungry
- Sunglasses – me and every other basic girl on campus are loving these round Ray-Bans right now
I hope you enjoyed this post about everything I keep in my backpack! Check out my post about everything I packed for college here.
What do you keep in your backpack? Does getting organized at the beginning of the year help you be more productive?